Thursday, June 15, 2017

CRAZY OVER DAISIES - STAMP TO SHARE BLOG HOP

 

Welcome to the Stamp to Share International Design Team Blog Hop! You have probably just arrived here from the amazingly talented Sandi MacIver.  Make sure you continue on the hop by selecting the Next button at the bottom of this post.  You don't want to miss a thing!

This month's hop is sharing a little Daisy love featuring the Daisy Delight Bundle.  Sadly, due to the outrageous popularity of this bundle, you can't order it right now - you can order the stamp set though, it's just the punch that won't be available for a weeny while.  But that isn't stopping us from showing you some fabulous projects that you can try yourselves with or without the punch!



My first project features a technique I haven't done in years!  Stamping on candles.  What an awesome little gift to brighten (sorry about that!) someone's day.  Would you like a quick "How to"?  Here goes:

1.  Choose your candle!  White candles work best to make your stamping really pop, but you can do this on coloured candles too.
2.  Stamp your images on artist/florist tissue paper (not the nose blowing kind!) and cut out close to the image.
3.  Lay the tissue on your candle and wrap waxed paper tightly around the candle completely covering the tissue.
4.  Heat with a heat gun until the wax paper becomes translucent and shiny.  Watch those fingers - it gets HOT!
5.  Gently peel back the wax paper.  The tissue paper should be seamlessly  inlaid in the wax of the candle now.
Tip:  Move the heat gun around in small circles to avoid concentrating the heat for too long in one place.  Remember, this is a candle, it will melt if heated for too long!  Practice makes perfect!



My second project features a basic water colour wash and other images in this delightful stamp set.  My base card features one of the beautiful DSP patterns from the coordinating Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper pack.  I simply put a light wash of Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz on Watercolour Paper.  Before it dried completely, I stamped the flowers so the ink spread/oozed ever so slightly.  Once the panel was dry, I stamped the sentiment.



I used lots of matting on this card.  I feel like it just lifts a card to a whole new level when each piece is framed.  My embellishments were kept simple so the artwork was still the star.



I repeated the artwork on the inside of the card too.  I love that it ties the whole project together and it looks even more smashing when people write over the top too!  I would never have said that even just a couple of years ago - my, how I have relaxed as a cardmaker lol!!

Click on the button below to head on over to my friend Caroline van der Straaten!



Monica Gale - UK
Amy Koenders - USA
Rochelle Blok - Australia
Sandi MacIver - Canada 
Paula Dobson - New Zealand (You are here)
Caroline van der Straaten - Netherlands
Barbara Becker - Austria
Nadine Koeller - Germany
Moira McIlroy - France

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator! When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can invite you to my exclusive VIP Facebook Group and thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely delightful projects Paula :) love your spot on leaves colouring !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, always great to revisit a technique and I absolutely LOVE how your candle turned out, it's to pretty to burn, the second one, you create such a beautiful scene with your watercoloring and then stamping, what a great layered effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's definitely a revival of stamping on candles at the minute, looks great with the daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea to stamp the flower on a candle!
    And what a beautiful tag to go with the candle. I love your style Paula.
    The 2nd card is a totally differentstyle, a bit more countryside meets UK. Beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Just beautiful Paula! I love your candle and tag, the colors are perfect and your card is amazing! Great use of that stamp set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love your card! The candle techniqe is a new one for me. THanks for sharing. I may just have to make one soon as I need a get well gift. Everyone loves candles and especially one as lovely as your stamped one with the matching tag. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gorgeous and so pretty candle. I've been meaning to give one of these a go for a while and now I just might. Love your wildflower scene card too! Super pretty! Love all the sponging elements and all the layers to that gorgeous scene. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your both projects Paula :) ! The candle is so pretty and the faceted gems is the wow factor on it :) ! Your card is amazing, i love the wildflower scene on the card it's look so pretty :) ! Thanks for sharing, XO Nadine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥