Friday, June 16, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS - STAMPIN' UP! ARTISAN BLOG HOP

Welcome to the latest Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop!  One of my favourite products (who am I kidding, there is more than a few!) in the new catalogue has to be the Happy Birthday Gorgeous suite.  From the fun and versatile stamp set, the gorgeously shiny Foil Frenzy Specialty DSP, that fabulous Happy Birthday Thinlits Die right, down to the super cute and itty bitty Mini Gift Bows, there really is something to appeal to everyone!


Without the Mini Gift Bows or Foil Frenzy DSP myself, I got to add that bit of "wow" factor with sponging instead.  I adore the pop of colour against all that black!


Granted, it is not often you have a birthday gift set in black, but with the white floral design and then bright pops of colour, I think this would put a smile on anyone's face!  The Glitter enamel dots add a touch of glittery goodness and more pops of colour to the front of the card.


My favourite images are those I can colour in, so I did that on the inside of my card with the same flower and leaf image from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set that I used on the front.  But what if you don't like to colour in as I do?  Included in this versatile set are two step stamping images that will do it for you!

No birthday gift set is complete without a bag or box to put your goodies in, in this case, a stash of chocolate Kisses!


I created my gift bag using the Gift Bag Punch Board and the bag the front as a separate panel, so I could use the inlaid die cut technique.  I first sponged Dapper Denim, Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Berry Burst on a piece of Whisper White card using Sponge Daubers before die cutting the sentiment with the thinlits die.  I also die cut the separate front panel of the gift bag, after first stamping in white.  Adhering a Multipurpose Adhesive sheet to the actual bag, but cut slightly smaller than the bag panel, I then stuck the panel over top, then placed the coloured sentiment back inside the die cut piece.  Because the Multipurpose Adhesive sheet was already behind the front panel I didn't need to add any extra adhesive!

There is still loads more inspiration to come, so just hit the "next' button below to go visit with Rochelle Blok in Australia!


Paula Dobson - You are here!

All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator! When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can invite you to my exclusive VIP Facebook Group and thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

6 comments:

  1. I am a lover of this style Paula. The pop of colour against that blackboard technique is just divine xx Love the theme carry through too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes ! I just love it ! Combine the set with Craft Ink! And the rainbow side! It changes completely from what we can see with the whole now! Bravo Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous rainbow-y delights, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your work, such creative talent Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That white stamping on black, with the rainbow pop sentiment. Oh, my!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥