Monday, March 20, 2017

SUPERMAN ESCAPE GDP#079

Now I know the whole idea of a challenge site is to challenge - right?!  Well, let me tell you, Global Design Project have a beauty for you this week!


As soon as I saw this, I thought of the Cupcakes and Carousels Designer Paper Stack and the Carousel Birthday stamp set.  But me being me, decided that was too obvious to use and went back to the drawing board.

I have photo's of family holidays and events that still have not made it into albums and I came across this one when hunting for ideas.  This was taken at Movie World on a roller coaster called the Superman Escape in 2008.  Yes, NINE years ago.  Better later than never though, right?


I am terribly afraid of flying but I LOVE thrill rides.  My daughter and I rode this coaster five times in a row until we got the perfect shot.  She is looking pretty chill, don't you think?!


I used a combination of Stampin' Up!'s Project Life cards, stamps and embellishments and made my own card fillers too.  I used the fabulous set "Everyday Hero" to create my fun cards.  I feel like this stamp set was just made for this page!


So I think I managed to fill the challenge brief really well while not making a card for a change!  Lucky for me I had the perfect subject matter.

I hope you can join us this week at Global Design Project as we challenge you to an Amusement Park theme!  Don't forget to upload and share your project with everyone!


All product used in this project are listed below.  Shop Stampin' Up! Products with me!
If you live New Zealand, I would love to be your Demonstrator. When you shop Online with me, please the current host code (in my side bar) and allow Demonstrator contact, so I can thank you properly with the gift of a card when you place an order.

10 comments:

  1. I especially like the city scene and the Superman Escape pentagon over the brick wall! Great collage! Superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brent! I enjoyed making that header card.

      Delete
  2. It looks awesome, great way of using this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I knew that stamp set would come in handy one day!

      Delete
  4. I adore this Paula! And you work! What you have done with this stamp set is so very inspiring! I have some PL stuff and have been wanting to give it a go, but I am a traditional 12 x 12 scrapbooker lmao how hard can pockets be!... right?!? You have made this look so easy and used a mix of your wonderful skills and ready made card inserts, they blend so perfectly!...You are a wonderfully talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I tell you a secret Kim? I struggle with any kind of memory keeping. The pages are so much bigger than a card. It is good to stretch ourselves now. I can even pull off a good page once in a while too, lol. Thanks so much for your lovely words. I feel the same about your work!

      Delete
  5. Perfect Paula!! And the best thing is that your pocket card designs would also make wonderful regular card designs!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a scrapbooker Cheryll, but I am a card maker, so pocket memory keeping is perfect for me. I just make "cards" to use as page fillers lol. Thanks for visiting xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. Your comments are very much appreciated ♥